- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Ready In: 60m
- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) beef steak (such as topside, rump or fillet), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 spoon (peeled) fresh root ginger, finely chopped or cut into thin strips (about 10 g/1/4 oz)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 spoon light olive oil
- 500 ml (18 fl oz) cold water
- 400 g (14 oz) small salad potatoes, such as charlotte, juliette or asperge (peeled, if desired), cut in half lengthways
- 1 spoon cornflour
- 1 spoon tomato purée
- 25-55 g (1-2 oz) wild rocket (optional)
Place the beef in the ActiFry pan with the onion, garlic, fresh ginger, tomatoes and seasoning. Drizzle the oil evenly over the top. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the cold water to the ActiFry and cook for 15 minutes.
Add the potatoes to the ActiFry and cook for a further 20 minutes. Stop the ActiFry once or twice during cooking and stir the mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula.
Blend the cornflour with a little cold water in a small bowl. Stir in the tomato puree. Pour the cornflour mixture evenly into the ActiFry and stir in. Cook for 5- 10 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
Stir in the rocket, if using. Serve with cooked fresh vegetables such as broccoli florets and baby carrots.